Being Human is an emotional experience, we all have our moments of happiness, joy, anger, depression, sadness, anxiety, joy, pain and a host of other feelings but the question now is, how do we handle these emotions? Why do we sometimes find it difficult to handle some than others? As teenagers and as humans there are always Emotional ups and downs, emotions are part of our nature, they direct us on how to react on what we are experiencing as reported by 9ja News Papers.
Getting aware and conversant with our emotions can help us talk about our feeling clearly, resolve conflicts better, avoid unnecessary issues. Most times teens let their emotions rule them because they are not aware of their power of these emotions, but it takes just the ability to be able to differentiate between the good and bad emotions to know your real selves. There line between what is good and bad is very little. If not properly separated, it might be difficult to note the difference. Our emotions are very important part of our lives and we need to take it seriously, so as not to allow it over shadow other aspect of our lives.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE HUMAN EMOTIONS
1. Emotions come and go:
Most of us feel different emotions throughout the day, some last longer than others, some weigh us down and some cheer us up but what we need to know is that emotions change as time changes, we just need to know and study in 9ja News Papers.
2. EMOTIONS CAN BE MILD, INTENSE OR INBETWEEN:
How intense or mild an emotion can be is dependent on the situation at hand or the person involved and the reaction to the situation.
3. WE HAVE DIFFERENT WAYS AND PATTERN OF EXPRESSING EMOTIONS:
Only you can determining how you want to express and emotion, learning how to manage or express What Emotional Issues Have You Gone Through In The Past As A Teen And How Were You Able To Handle It?
Emotion is a skill but you must first understand yourself and your emotions before you can express that skill. Every emotion be it positive or negative tells us something about ourselves and our present situation. Sometimes it’s very difficult to accept what we truly feel. If you are not really aware of your emotions, handling it might be quite difficult. Don’t judge your feeling just work on them to achieve and see a better you.
HOW TO BECOME AWARE OF YOUR EMOTIONS
1. Notice your Emotions
2. Track how often you feel a particular emotion
3. Think of related emotions you feel
4. Keep a journal, Write each day how you feel and why you feel so
5. Decide on how to work on your emotions and get better
How To Manage Your Emotions
1. Name the feeling: Give a name to everything you experience daily and use that name to notify yourself of the particular emotional occurrence
2. Accept the feeling: Learn to accept the feeling as part of you is one of the major ways you can handle it
3. Express your feeling: in any way possible it’s always advisable to show these feelings physically but in a calm way, so as not to have it breed in our heads.
4. Pick a healthy way to take care of yourself and feelings (sing, play, swim, and walk)
5. Become familiar with your feelings: get used to those feelings and emotions you experience more.
Expressing your feelings could be crying it out, talking to someone mature and close about it, write about it or put it into art. Emotions vary from one individual to another, all you need to do is get hold of your strength and weakness and deal with them, work on your good emotions to make them better and the bad ones to make them good, no man is an island, most times we might need to get close to people who had experienced what we are currently experiencing, so as for them to assist us. As teenagers, emotions will always be there, we just need to identify our personal strength and weakness and work on them in order for our emotions to bring the best out of us and not the worst. How To Manage Your Emotions emotion, intellect, confused, control, feeling, journal, manage, expressing, crying, think, control, understand, experience.