The mobile app marketing funnel is made up of three key stages: acquisition, activation, and retention. Each stage has its own set of tactics that should be employed in order to move customers through to the next stage.
Mobile app acquisition
During this stage, you have to convince people to download their app. Keep in mind that people will only do so if they see that it fulfills a need in their life. Some of the tactics to use in this stage include;
- Get social- You need to be active on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Use these platforms to create a buzz about your app and drive people to download it.
- Developing an App Preview- An App Preview is a short video that gives potential users an idea of what your app is all about. This is a great way to increase conversions and get people interested in your app.
- Purchase Search advertising- Search advertising is a form of paid advertising that allows you to place your app in front of people who are already searching for apps like yours. This is an effective way to increase awareness and downloads of your app. For example, when users search for something like ‘Bald Shaver,’ ads for shavers could show up.
- Real-world incentives- Offering real-world incentives is a great way to increase downloads of your app. You can offer discounts, freebies, or other rewards to people who download your app.
Mobile App activation
Once you’ve convinced people to download your app, you need to make sure they actually use it. This is where activation comes in. Some of the tactics you can use to increase activation include;
- Welcome message and onboarding- When someone downloads your app, you should send them a welcome message. This is a great opportunity to introduce them to your app and its features.
- In-app advertising- This is a form of advertising that allows you to target potential customers who are already using your app.
- Push notifications- You can use them to promote new products, announce sales or discounts, or just remind people to use your app.
- Email marketing- You can use it to promote new features, announce sales or discounts, or just remind people to use your app.
Mobile App Retention
Now that you’ve gotten people to download and use your app, you need to make sure they keep using it. This is where retention comes in. Some of the tactics you can use to increase retention include;
- Developing a loyalty program- You can offer rewards, points, or discounts to people who use your app frequently. This is a great way to increase customer loyalty and keep people engaged with your app.
- Offering customer support- If people are having trouble using your app, they’re likely to give up and stop using it. That’s why it’s important to offer customer support. You can offer live chat, email support, or a FAQ section to help people with any problems they’re facing.
- Sending regular updates- You should send regular updates with new features, bug fixes, and other improvements. This will keep people engaged with your app and ensure they’re using the latest version.
- Personalized content- Content is king. People will only keep using your app if you offer them personalized content relevant to their interests. You can use data from their past interactions with your app to serve them content that is more likely to be of interest to them.
Building a mobile app marketing strategy is essential if you want to increase awareness and downloads of your app. The most important thing is to focus on providing value to your users. If you can do that, you’ll be well on your way to success.