Several potential dangers exist in warehouses because of the fast pace and high foot traffic. Warehouse warning signs warn employees of potential dangers and provide instructions for avoiding them. This Warehouse Signs alert system will ensure that your warehouse is safe, productive, and accident-free for all employees.
The risks to employees posed by things like big pallet racks, bulky items, vehicular mobility, and poor overhead clearance can be mitigated with simple but effective safety warnings and reminders posted around the warehouse.
- Choose from various available signs to define walkways for pedestrians and forklifts, denote places with low ceilings, and label specific aisles in your storage facility.
- These signs are available in various materials and sizes, and if specified, they meet OSHA regulations on safety.
- If you don’t see what you’re searching for in our wide selection of items, feel free to design your sign at no extra charge.
Signs Directing Travelers to an Exit
Warehouses and other facilities must have marked exits with free paths to them in case of an emergency.
Marked exits and routes to those exits should be installed at various points throughout a warehouse.
Warning Markings for the Assembly Area
Establishing a safe meeting place on or near the warehouse for use in the case of an evacuation is crucial.
There should be prominent signs indicating the location of the emergency assembly place to ensure that workers know where to assemble in the event of an emergency.
Only Authorized Individuals May Sign
Workshop spaces in warehouses containing potentially dangerous power instruments like grinders and welding equipment should be off-limits to all except the most qualified workers.
Storage facilities, regions with potentially dangerous substances, and testing facilities are all places where only authorized workers are allowed access.
Strictly restricted access for authorized employees only signs should be posted in potentially dangerous areas.
It’s important to put up signs around the area so that workers may see them and read them before wandering in without permission.
Warnings for Wearing PPE
The use of PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, high visibility, or steel-cap boots, is sometimes mandated by health and safety regulations when employees must visit hazardous storage areas or other areas of a facility.
Signs indicating all the need for personal protective equipment (PPE) and the specific PPE that must be worn in a certain area are absolute necessities.
The failure to use proper personal protective equipment (PPE) can have catastrophic results, including serious harm or even death.
Caution: Flammable Warnings
- Danger, flammable material! Signs must be posted in every part of the warehouse where combustible materials are utilized or kept, including but not limited to gas bottles.
- Workers must be cautious around ignition sources, such as cigarettes or other instruments, to prevent the flammable liquid or gas from catching fire.
- Combustible gases and liquids pose a major safety risk to workers, the building, and the product.
Warning signs for forklifts
Their size and weight, forklifts pose a high threat of catastrophic harm or even death in an accident.
- Clear forklift warning signage can greatly increase workplace safety.
- When forklifts are used, employees should be alerted with proper signage to avoid any potential dangers.
- The need for more signage between forklifts and workers becomes more pressing in settings when the two cannot be separated.
- The potential for injury from forklifts working in racking aisles can be communicated through warning signage erected in these places.