If you have been burned by online reviews in the past, it might be why you started doubting them. You can find more useful information here
When it comes to online shopping, most of the time buyers only buy an item after seeing that others like it as well. They know this by reading online reviews because that is the easiest way for them to check.
A lot of purchases made online are decided after making careful consideration about product reviews that complete strangers have left behind.
This is why businesses manage reviews, so that everyone can see what their customers are saying and how they respond to their issues.
Review Scammers are Being Addressed
Authorities have begun to look for online review scammers. You can spot frauds based on the points mentioned here:
- If there is an overuse of praise and “marketing speak”, you are most probably reading a fake online review
- Using similar wording under different reports is usually a sign of fake opinions
- Reviewers who talk about the same product name and model are trying to fool a search engine to get higher ranking
- They give a discount code or tell where you ca purchase the product
Make an Informed Purchase
Since you will find helpful information from legitimate user reviews, they should be given a lot of thought. You can still make an informed purchase and here’s how to make sure you do:
- Check for more than one source of the review no matter if you want to know about Google reviews vs. Facebook
- You should read more reviews about the product and not just stop after 1 or 2
- Look out for warning signs like if the review focuses more on the company and customer service than the product, it is most likely fake. This is an indication that the reviewer was told by the company to write a positive review
- You should not trust reviews that only have 5 stars because there is no such thing as perfect, and even popular business encounter negative reviews
Examine Their Business
A lot of them use review management software, but that does not mean they are fake people behind those responses. You will know if the online review is fake if it is all 5 stars, which is why you must read what the reviews have to say. A negative review of another might be the other way around for you. Like for example, some people might complain about the large or small portions of a restaurant, but you could be looking for the opposite.
If they have a lot of reviews, you will be more comfortable to buy from them or use their service. You should also look for reviews that standout because that could be the fake one trying to improve the business ratings, so watch out for those.
You can still trust online reviews, and it is the responsibility of these business to respond to you. They use review management platform to take care of reviews the best way they can.